Bruce Evenchik, M.D.
“Taking the time and care to fully evaluate the patient’s needs.”
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology since 1982
- Highly experienced in eye conditions ranging from cataract surgery, retinal pathology, glaucoma, as well as comprehensive eye care
- Currently works in all 3 of our locations in Pittsfield, Great Barrington, MA and Valatie, NY
- Specializes in cataract surgery and comprehensive eye care
Training and Education:
- Bachelor of Science Degree: University of Cincinnati
- Masters Degree: University of Michigan
- Medical Degree: University of Michigan
- Residency for Internal Medicine: Brown University
- Residency for Ophthalmology: Albany Medical Center
Dr. Evenchik received his Bachelor of Science at the University of Cincinnati and then went on to receive a Master’s Degree in Public Health at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He worked as a research associate in Molecular Micro-biology at the University of Michigan, where he had multiple publications.
Dr. Evenchik received his Medical Degree at University of Michigan and completed a three year residency in Internal Medicine at Brown University Medical School. Subsequently, he completed a three year residency in ophthalmology at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY.
In 1982, Dr. Evenchik moved to Pittsfield, MA and formed Berkshire Eye Associates. Nearly 13 years later, Berkshire Eye Associates merged with an established private practice to create Berkshire Eye Center and relocated to the Williams Street Plaza. Dr. Bruce Evenchik is licensed in Massachusetts and New York. He presently splits his time between the three locations in Pittsfield, Great Barrington and Valatie, NY.
Dr. Evenchik currently resides in Pittsfield, MA with his wife Reba. He has four grown children: Jason, Benjamin, Craig and Meghan. When Dr. Evenchik is not at the office, he enjoys many recreational activities including golfing, hiking and scuba diving. Dr. Evenchik is an avid supporter of the fine and performing arts and theater of Berkshire County. He also enjoys politics.